James Blackwell contributed 40 years in the public accounting field, and retired from BDO Canada LLP in August 2017 as a 26 year partner.
• Worked with agricultural, retail, manufacturing, services, municipalities, not for profits and professional businesses.
• Has special skill set and capabilities to bring solutions around Wealth and Estate Planning clients
• Expertise crosses taxation, and corporate business advisory, with extensive experience in personal and corporate taxation planning
• Created and implemented the National Wealth Management and Advisory program for BDO Canada in 2000.
• Was Group Managing partner / Client Services partner of BDO Canada LLP for 26 years from 1991 to 2017
• National Policy Board Member of BDO Canada from 1999 to 2005, Chairman of the Board 2001/2002.
He obtained LLQP designation in late 2017, utilizing public accounting career to advise owner managers in later stages of their businesses re estate and wealth planning.