As the East Region Industry Development Leader, Dawn is responsible for working with thirteen offices in seven states ($170M region) in developing and executing their focused growth tactics and strategic marketing initiatives.
She has a particular focus on the manufacturing, distribution, construction and real estate industries as well as private wealth clients.
Dawn has been in sales, business development and marketing for more than twenty years. Thirteen of which have been at BKD. Prior to BKD, for eight years, she was the product manager at an IBM Distributor and was responsible for the P&L of their largest product line ($250M) and for the development of the overall strategic marketing, business development and training/education plan.
Other skills include:
• Passionate about business development coaching & mentoring for all levels of accounting professionals.
• Strong skills in developing pursuit strategies for both long term and short term prospects.
• Recognized for her tenacious ability to work with all levels of the executive team and partner group as it relates to accountability and follow up.
• Very experienced, detail-oriented project manager & event planner.
• Deep understanding of external audience learning & development compliance as it relates to NASBA.
• Experienced with integrating merger offices into the BKD culture as well as developing the strategic marketing plan for new geographies.
She was selected for the prestigious Stanley K. Lacy Executive Series year-long program in Indianapolis for the years of 2017-2018. She was also the Junior Achievement’s Best & Brightest category winner in 2010. In the community, she is very involved with the Indianapolis Zoo as well as the Indiana Sports Corporation. She has served on numerous NCAA Final Four Committees and was selected to be a member of the 2012 Super Bowl Host Committee.
She is a graduate of Indiana Wesleyan University, Indianapolis, Indiana with a bachelor’s degree in business administration. She is currently pursuing her master’s degree in management at the University of Indianapolis.