As IRS enforcement becomes more automated, the need for trained representatives who know what to do and when to do it has never been greater. This panel will cover the mechanics of representing taxpayers before the IRS, including Exam, Appeals and Collections, so that attendees can identify and understand when taxpayers need help, and how to go about the process of helping them resolve their IRS issue. This session will be covered in 2 parts: 1:00 - 3:00 pm: Part 1 - Examinations and Appeals (Bryan Skarlatos and Caroline Ciraolo will be covering) 3:00 - 5:00 pm: Part 2 - IRS Collections (Eric Green, Robert McKenzie and Paul Mamo, IRS Director of Collections).
1. Understand the examination process
2. Identify opportunities to challenge an examiners findings
3. Explain the process for appealing from an IRS examination
4. Understand the IRS collection process
5. Explain the options taxpayers have to resolve an outstanding tax debt