In the biggest bill for retirement planning in years, Congress is poised to change the law for life expectancy payouts to either a five- or ten-year payout. This legislation has strong bipartisan support and is supported by the President.
Advisors, CPAs and lawyers will need to quickly pivot with innovative strategies for this new paradigm. If you wait until this bill is signed before beginning to pivot you will miss the 2019 planning opportunities. This class will cover:
1) Understanding the change in life expectancy payouts on traditional and Roth IRAs
2) Impact of the loss of deferral and bracket compression on wealth transfer planning
3) Using CRTs to maintain deferral and bracket management - the law and the math
4) Roth conversions for better bracket management and greater wealth transfer
5) Designing IRA trusts and the terrible payout result with RMD conduit trusts - the law and the math
6) Using IRA trusts in low tax states to achieve state tax savings by avoiding or delaying the state taxation of the lump sum payout
7) Using single life insurance to enhance bracket management - the unbiased math
8) Using Second-to-Die insurance to increase wealth transfer
9) Urgent action steps for ill and dying clients including avoiding conduit trusts and using out of state trusts.
10) Charitable strategies for the mass-affluent and the wealthy