This session will start with a review of the mechanical basics of Qualified Opportunity Funds (“QOFs”). From here an extended dialogue will be opened-up about real life and practical applications in using QOFs. Key areas will include:
· The importance, complexities and practical difficulties of having other funds (e.g. non-eligible gains) in a QOF.
· The Opportunity Fund market space and what it currently looks like- types of funds, sponsors, fund structures, etc.
· Issues to consider in evaluating Opportunity Funds
· Investment and financial planning considerations for the client considering these investments
· An update on the gift and estate planning implications of holding QOF investment.