Monday, June 10 2019
FIN19102. Start Anywhere, Finish First; How to Ignite your Finance Organization
FIN19101. Embedding Agility and Agile learning in your organization
A recent study showed that the average American checks their phone approximately 80 times a day. Digital chaos is making our lives more challenging now than ever before. Should I check again for any replies to my social media streams? How should I prioritise my backlog of emails? How many tasks can I take on at once? These are all everyday challenges that we face whilst living through the 4th Industrial Revolution. Pardeep Dhanda will run an interactive learning experience to share practical Agile techniques that can help with all of the above challenges. He will share concepts that are being used by Agile teams who need to react fast and continuously deliver results. Be prepared to put your phones down, and engage in an epic Agile adventure delivered through storytelling, animation, music, play and presentation!
1) Learn the common definition of Agile and agility and gain an overview of the most popular Agile framework - Scrum
2) Understand the product development process and apply it to your own work
3) Learn to demonstrate key team behaviours required to be successful in an Agile environment regardless of industry or type of work you do
4) Above all else, to have fun!
Tuesday, June 11 2019
FIN19ER01. Creating a Data-Driven Business Strategy
FIN1901. Excellence & Innovation Acceleration: Unleashing the Power of Great People and Organizations
In a fast-changing world, how do you build a culture where extraordinary innovation becomes ordinary? A culture that lasts and consistently delivers exponential leaders, growth and value creation. The key ingredients to innovation acceleration are not what you see portrayed most often in the media. Great, enduring organizations know what it really takes to create and, most importantly, scale innovation. We will explore how to blend disciplined innovation methods with elements of venture capitalism, crowdsourcing and collaborative leadership to deliver rapid and sustainable business improvements and innovations in any industry. This high energy session will engage the audience in powerful collaborative leadership principles applied to business improvement and innovation. In the “Need for Speed” challenge, participants will collaborate to innovate in real time and “make the impossible, possible.”
1) How to build a sustainable culture of Excellence & Innovation anywhere in the world
2) How to identify or develop highly engaged innovators and entrepreneurs in your organization
3) How to select, prioritize and accelerate high impact, innovation projects
FIN1902. How to Build and Support a Team of Innovators - an Interview with Panasonic Automotive’ s CFO
How do you build and support teams of innovators in your organization? Panasonic Automotive's Chief Financial Officer, Dhiraj Cherian, will share insights and best practices on a live interview moderated by Global Excellence & Innovation Leader, Jose Pires. Dhiraj brings a global perspective and long-term vision from doing business in Asia, Americas, Europe, and Middle Eastern regions. He is results-driven and commercially focused, with a leadership presence to motivate and build trust across multi-functional and multi-cultural teams. He has an excellent track-record of delivering improved financial profitability and performance, increased productivity, and enhanced controllership.
1) How to build and support teams of innovators in your organization
2) Insights and best practices on organizational innovation acceleration
FIN1903. How Finance Professionals can Drive their Organization to a Digital Function
FIN1904. Understanding how the Future of Work will Impact Corporate Functions
FIN1905. Beyond the Technology; How to Transform your People and Organisation
FIN1907. Creating a Framework for Cross-Functional Collaboration and Business Partnering Success
This session will offer proven tips for how to effectively collaborate across functions to achieve business success.
1) Learn how to diagnose the Cross-Functional Dilemma
2) Learn how to develop a Working Partnership
3) Learn to create Institutional Long Term Success
FIN1906. How can Finance Help Build and Support an Insights-Driven Digital Business?
Wednesday, June 12 2019
FIN1908. How to Develop the Optimal Finance Operating Model which is Right for your Business
FIN1909. Transitioning CFO to Co-Pilot /Strategic Enabler
Today environments require nimble and adaptable CFOs who understands how to best leverage their position without the company. Transitioning from the traditional functions of control and reporting into one of a business co-pilot and strategic enabler is the greatest challenge and opportunity for CFOs today.
1) Leawrn what the co-pilot approach entails, and how to make it work in your organization
2) Learn how to leverage finance skill sets in a world of real time reporting
FIN1910. LinkedIn Case Study: Drive Sales Performance and CX Through Receivables Data Visibility
Role of Analytics in bridging the Gap between Sales And Finance to improve overall Customer experience, how Credit, Collections & AR Data insights can help Sales Org.
1) Learning simple ways to bring receivables metrics to Sales
2) Learning to implement BI strategy in finance to help cross functional domains
Thursday, June 13 2019
FIN19ER02. Operating Technology as a Business
Attend this session to get real insights into optimizing IT expense management, "total cost of ownership", & Tech Business Management. All to drive value & increased EBITDA, linking strategy and operations to best practices, integrations, & automation for smart planning.
1) Leveraging IT operations and information systems for informed decisions
2) Awareness of IT best practices and tools availability
3) Technology Business Management as a mature business practice
FIN19ER03. Agile Transformation & Finance – How Agile Changes the View on Funding Development
Agile has become one of the fastest adopted business methods in recent years. No longer just for software organizations, Agile has been leverage in a wide range of service and development companies ranging from hard goods producers to professional services. If your organization is thinking about or current engaged in an Agile Transformation, your financial team will also need to transformation in regard to how development efforts are funded and managed. In this session we will discuss... • What is Agile, its background, and core values. • Why is Agile being adopted. • How funding in a Agile organization differs from traditional waterfall methods.
1) What is Agile and why is it being adopted by some many organizations?
2) How does Agile impact program funding models and how it compares to more traditional funding methods
FIN1912. AI 101: How to Have More Meaningful Conversation Within the Business
AI 101: How to have more meaningful conversation within the business, addresses how financial professionals can use AI in the finance function as well as understand how it can be used in other aspects of the business and how to evaluate the merits of this new technology. With AI being new, financial professionals will be faced with making investment decisions regarding AI. Today, AI uses cases, benefits, risks and investment is all in their infancy. To help make the right investment decisions, finance professionals need a greater insight to the AI Art of the Possible and how it can be used to drive top line growth or reduce the cost structure.
1) Understand how AI is being applied today across the organization, as well as in finance, so that opportunities can be identified either to increase revenues or decrease costs or both.
2) Address the investment needed to enter AI, how to minimize risk and most importantly how to capture value.
FIN1911. Steps to Powering a Digital Culture and Mindset in the Finance Function
FIN1913. The Evolution of Accounting and Finance to Add Value, TODAY.
Globally, technology is disrupting the way business is done. As business models and strategies evolve how the accounting and finance function adds value will be redefined. The speed of change, the complexity and volatility of businesses stretch the current competencies of our profession. Where we not focus primarily on the compliance aspects of our reporting, the need to provide insightful information to assist in management’s “agile” decision making. This session is designed to engage the speaker and participants in a dialog about the changing mandate of the accounting and finance in this “digital age” and leverages the presenter’s global experience to improve organization effectiveness through the key lenses of people processes and systems, TODAY.
1) Highlight how technology is changing business landscape
2) Explore the evolving accounting and finance mandate
3) Discuss practical examples of the discussion themes into action
FIN1914. Continuous Improvement and Finance
FIN1915. Is your Economic Moat Running Dry? Defending Yourself in the Age of Disruption
In prior decades our businesses have been able to depend on an economic moat for defense of our profit formulas. The age of disruption has proven that no business is safe. Near monopolies and oligopolies have been or will be disrupted.
In this talk, Attila Dobai will cover the concepts of the economic moat, disruptive strategy and innovation, and the Continuous Business Transformation Roadmap to help you understand why your economic moat is running dry and what you can do to keep your business safe in these challenging times.
1) Learn why our economic moats are running dry
2) Learn how to refill your economic moat: driving a culture of innovation
3) Learn about the Continuous Business Transformation Roadmap
PST1947. Starting Your Analytics Journey ? What You Need to Know to Ensure Success (PST, FIN)
In this session we will explore burning questions in the world of analytics including: What is the definition of analytics; what business questions does analytics help solve? What are the different types of analytics - Hype v. Reality? What options do you have related to access of analytics related resources and technologies? The pros and cons of Outsource vs. Insource; How do you measure analytics values/success?
1) Understand the different types of analytic technologies and how they apply to business scenarios
2) Learn how to apply analytics to solve business questions and create value
3) Discover how to measure analytics values and successes
4) Learn what skills, resources, and training are needed